Prospective graduate students
Our MA and PhD graduates take leadership roles at provincial, national, and international levels in the broad field of child and youth care.
Overall graduate program objectives
Our graduate programs will give you opportunities to:
- work within a child and youth care perspective that integrates theory, research, and practice and expands on your experience in the field
- develop approaches for promoting health and well-being within child and youth care work motivated by vision, passion, and compassion
- achieve the knowledge, skills, and self-development needed to successfully challenge and transform your learning and work
Flexible program delivery
Customize your program by choosing electives and a practicum that will advance your own research and practice interests.
- Take electives at other institutions through the Western Deans Agreement. Stay in your home community for your practicum and thesis work.
Teaching and research assistant opportunities
Graduate students are eligible to apply for a limited number of TA and RA positions each year. Sessional teaching opportunities are also available for our PhD students.
Financing your education is easier than you think. UVic is offering more scholarships, grants and awards to more students than ever before. Learn about financial assistance.
- New Book
- Child and Youth Care, Critical Perspectives on Pedagogy, Practice and Policy by Alan Pence and Jennifer White is now available through UBC Press.